Part-time Executive Director
9-Month Contract Term
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Fredericton and Oromocto, Inc
Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) of Fredericton and Oromocto was established in 1967. Our mission is to enable life-changing mentoring relationships to ignite the power and potential of young people.
BBBS of Fredericton and Oromocto is looking for a highly motivated individual to fill the position of Executive Director on a part-time contract basis with the possibility of becoming full-time permanent.
The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and implementation of the strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Executive Director responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
Work and Communicate effectively with the Board
- Provide all information necessary to the Board in a timely manner as to allow for informed decisions
- Responsible for the oversight and the organization of Bowl for Kids’ Sake and other fundraising events
- Direct the Bylaw Review, preparation of the Annual Report and updating of the Agency’s Policy Manual
- Responsible for the enhancement of BBBS’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations
- Work with the Board to ensure the financial health of the organization through a combination of fundraising events, Donor relations, and grants as prescribed in the Marketing and Strategic Plans.
- Responsible for ensuring payroll, vacation and sick leave records are accurate and up to date
- Responsible to work with the treasurer to ensure fiscal integrity of BBBS, which includes the creation an annual budget and monthly financial statements
- Manage budget, banking, bookkeeping and associated financial reports for the Board
- Grow program delivery capacity as determined by the Strategic Plan.
- Responsible for the effective administration of day to day operations.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified casual staff.
- A university degree or college diploma
- Experience in a leadership position is an asset
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of BBBS’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to non-profit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability
The position is 25 hours/week: may involve days, evenings, weekends.
Wage: $25.00/hour (includes vacation pay)
Workdays will be set between the incumbent and the Board of Directors and will be flexible based on the needs of both parties. It is expected that the 25 paid hours per week will be scheduled as suitable between Monday and Friday between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm.
The contract position does not include vacation, however time off in lieu of overtime can be banked up to 3 weeks (75 hours) per fiscal year with the approval of The Board.
Anticipated start date: 9 August 2021.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a criminal record check as well as a social development check.
If you are interested in this position please forward your resume and 3 references to:
email@example.com no later than 4 pm on Friday , July 16, 2021.